Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My middle child...I love her....

We all know that there has been a huge storm blowing it's way through the Midwest into Central Ohio. I believe it is the largest storm in centuries, (I made that up, the part about the largest storm in centuries). My middle child is lost somewhere in just how big of a storm it really is. Last night many homes lost their electric. So here is how the story begins.

Phone: Ring, ring, ring...

Me:  Hello?

The middle one: Mom we just lost our electric.

Me: Do you need to come stay with me?

The middle one: No. The one she loves says he can start the generator.

Me: If you need to come stay with me come on in, (the middle one lives out in no where land).

The middle on: No. The one she loves will just have to get that generator started.

This morning.....

Droid Text Message: bssssss, bsssss, bssssss....

The man in the uniform's text: Do you still have power? (Now mind you, I am at work). Have you heard from the middle one??? Do they have power yet???

Me: No response to the text. I am trying to work.

Office Phone: Ring, ring, ring....

Me: Law Office!!

The man in the uniform: Do you have power?

Me: I don't know I am at work, trying to work!!!

The man in the uniform: Have you talked to the middle one?

Me: No, I am at work, trying to work!!!!!

The man in the uniform: I talked to the one in the middle's love and their electric was out only 10 minutes but......the middle one's satellite TV was not working.

Me: And, I am trying to work.

The man in the uniform: Well, the middle one asked the one that she loves to go out and knock the ice off of the satellite dish so the TV would work, (I know what I would have said). So the man that the middle one loves went out in -10 degrees, blowing winds, rain with sleet and ice to knock the ice off the satellite and spray WD-40 on it so the middle one could watch TV. Then the one the middle one loves went back into the house and she says, "The internet isn't working, what am I supposed to do?" The man that the middle one loves says, "I'm not going on the roof to fix that." The middle one says, "But why not?"



I can just see the right eyebrow of the one that the middle one loves ark into a big huge question mark with the look saying, "You really did not just ask me that", ( I love it when he does that eyebrow ark). I promise, the middle one is not mentally challenged. Seriously, she is one smart cookie. Who else could get the one that they love to go out in subzero temperatures in the middle of the blizzard of 2011 and get him to do what she got him to do?

Now mind you...the middle one doesn't know that I know this little sordid tale. I'm not going to tell her I know this little sordid tale. I love her.

Regards.

ML Brown

4 comments:

  1. BAHAHA love it! The middle ones love is a good good man, because ya know Kev wouldn't be doing that for me! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok ok that's a lie Kev would totally do that for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Kev would do that. He's just good like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta give the middle ones love credit. Must be a good man. Now that's something a Dad would do for a daughter......however the Dad would probably figure out how to fix the internet too.

    ReplyDelete

Pink, green & Off White III

This is my final card for this months Unity Challenge. PINK, GREEN & OFF WHITE has now started to bore me. I am ready for the next cha...