Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 18 of the 30 day challenge

Regrets

Yes, I have regrets. But what is more important than my regrets is that I have learned from my mistakes. One thing we all know is that you cannot change the past, you can only move forward, but learn from the past. If I could go backwards in my life there are things that I would do different. But keeping that in mind, I am who I am today because of what I have been through and the regrets and mistakes of my past.

As I look back on my life, from my childhood up through adulthood, I try to understand why in certain situations I made the choices that I made. Was it how I was raised? Was it because I was a bad kid? Was it because I wanted attention? Really, who knows. But at this time in my life I take full responsibility for the decisions and choices I have made. I lay no blame anywhere but on myself. I had choices. I made choices. I will live with the choices that I did make.

I am at peace in my life. I have made amends with who/what I needed to. I have given many apologies. I can do no more except live each day with the lessons I have learned and to be true and honest with myself and that in turn will flow to the people I love and who are most important in my life.

Life is a lesson. I learn more and more each day. I will always keep my heart and soul open for those oh so valuable lessons and continue to grow into a person I can look at in the mirror and be proud of. 

Loves, hugs & kisses,

ML Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink, green & Off White III

This is my final card for this months Unity Challenge. PINK, GREEN & OFF WHITE has now started to bore me. I am ready for the next cha...