Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 20 of the 30 day challenge

Nicknames

Schultzie ~ for obvious reasons. That is, if you know me and know that my maiden name is Schultz. People to this day, after 31 years of having a different last name, still call me that. I love it when I hear from my old boss, who owned the drug  store with a soda fountain in it that I worked at for 18 years, calls me up and says hey "Schultzie". It just brings tears to my eyes. Talking about that soda fountain. Oh my goodness. You know the soda fountains with the twirly bar stools at the counter. That's it. I remember every time, and I mean every time, I made a milk shake I would get electricuted. You see everything was metal and you had to lean on the metal counter/sink area and reach up to the milk shake mixer with the metal cup and ZAP!!!! It got me every time. I still remember the regulars that sat around there all morning and then a new shift of sitter arounders came in the afternoon.

Scary Mary ~ for more obvious reasons

Crazy Mary ~ for even more obvious reasons.

Mars ~ because Mary is way too long of a name to say. You see, Mary is two syllables and it is very hard to pronounce. Whereas Mars is only one syllable and it just kind of drags there. Like Maaaaarrssssss.

Hey....I want to cut this blog short because I want to blog about my new friend that just walked up to my door and looked in.

Loves, hugs & kisses,

ML Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink, green & Off White III

This is my final card for this months Unity Challenge. PINK, GREEN & OFF WHITE has now started to bore me. I am ready for the next cha...