Saturday, August 27, 2011

Back to School

Unity Stamp Company's Challenge for August is "Back to School". The following
card is my submission for this challenge.

Oh how exciting it was to anticipate the first day of school...though the excitement did not last long. The anticipation of meeting up with friends that I had not seen all summer. Getting new school supplies and new clothes to start the year off. The smell of fall in the air. Football games and cheer leading. Yes, I was a rah, rah and loved it. It held some kind of power, or so I thought. Teeheehee. You know....way back in the day...I would walk five miles to school in two feet of snow and work and study and get straight "As". I helped slop the hogs and feed the cattle. Then I cleaned the house and cooked dinner. After all that I went to bed to get up and start all over again. Teeeheeehee...only a memory of a story my dad would tell. Seriously, I rode the bus to school then when I was of "age" I rode in a car with my best friend Danette who took at least "5" tries before she passed her drivers test and I still thought it was cool to get in the car with her. P.S. I love you Danette.....oh the memories. Danette & I did cheer in the snow though. We would be freezing out there!!! We never, never, never had a drink that would burn all the way down our throats into our bellies either. That is a true story.

I could go on for hours about school memories. We will save it get them for another post. I have to get off here and get ready for my latest grandson's first birthday party. My little pirate. I will also post about that.

Loves, Hugs & Kisses

ML Brown
  

2 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the vintageyness of it and it goes perfect with your tales. :) It's nice to see this set used, because I haven't yet!

    ReplyDelete

Pink, green & Off White III

This is my final card for this months Unity Challenge. PINK, GREEN & OFF WHITE has now started to bore me. I am ready for the next cha...