Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring has Sprung!!!!

And what a beautiful day it is!!!

As I sit here on my front porch and ponder about the seasons, spring, at this time, is my most favorite time of the year. Now mind you, if it was summer, it would be summer, if it was fall, it would be fall and if it was winter it would be winter. Each for their own all empowering charm. But right now it is spring so I am going to tell you why spring time is my most favorite time of the year. It is a  time of cleansing, renewal, freshness and rebirth. BTW, which by now I'm sure you know means, "by the way", three of my children were spring babies!!!! That in itself should be reason enough that spring is my most favorite time of the year. I really don't want to discuss them here today. We will save them for their very own special little spot on a date in the future.

Spring is the season that literally takes my breath away with its loveliness.The air is fresh from the spring rains that have been falling by bucket loads. It can stop raining for this season anytime now. Come on mother nature help me out here, please!!!! But with those rains, and the sun peaking through the clouds on occasion, comes the re-birth of these beautiful little creatures. Better know as crocusses.
Are they not beautiful? I'm sure there will be another snow drift upon their delicate little heads before they disappear until next year. Ha, I'm a poet and didn't know it!!! Spring is a time of renewal and a time I like to cleanse my soul. Get rid of the old and bring in the new!!! I like to clear the cobwebs out of my little brain and bring in an all consuming positive attitude which I really try to carry with me throughout the year. The operative word here is "try". After the crocuses have bloomed I watch for the daffodils to burst wide open. Hey, did you know the genus/horticultural name for daffodils is Narcissus, which leads to the term narcissistic, which means excessive self love!! Yay, for being in love with yourself, but, keep it healthy.
Following is a picture of a Narcissus ready to burst into full bloom:


See their little heads...they are just about ready to burst wide open!!!!

With all that is going on in the world today from war, terrorism and disasters I thank God and the men and women who serve our country everyday that I am given the freedom to enjoy this time of the year without a worry in the world.
Love, hugs and kisses,

ML Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink, green & Off White III

This is my final card for this months Unity Challenge. PINK, GREEN & OFF WHITE has now started to bore me. I am ready for the next cha...